Well I was all worked up to blog about Huck Finn and “nigger” and “retard” tonight. But…you know…meh. It seems more like a weekend post.
Today was better…not great. It started terrible. Sleeping was a pain cause I was a bundle of anxiety. Still I overslept. Then it was PD Wednesday which is always a wonderful way to start the day…NOT!!!!! And then one of my TA’s called in sick…and she was pretty much the only thing keeping me from having a meltdown on my shit smorgasbord day yesterday. So not a good start. But I had my plan time in the afternoon. I didn’t get as much done as I hoped….but I felt better. Then I had student council and it was all kinds of awesome. It’s just a brand of awesome I don’t often see in my enclosed special ed environment. Here are a few of the awesome things that happened:
1) I sneakily stole scissors and glue from Ann Art. (Not to be confused with that whore Ann Arbor.)
2) A teacher said “fuck” in the general vicinity of kids.
3) The kids wrote Valentine’s cards for the elderly and one of the kids wrote, “I hope you don’t die soon”, and my friend Steve yelled at him but I put things in front of my face because I was laughing and then he was trying not to laugh because he was yelling at the kid. It was classic.
4) I had to help a little girl rewrite a PA promo for St. Jude Children’s Hospital because it began with, “Look at that poor hopeless child. What can we do for her?” Steve was like…”Mike…you’re a wordsmith…what’s a different way she could say this?” LOL! I went with, “How about….LOOK AT THAT CHILD. HE LOOKS SICK.” I changed the gender of the child.
5) I fucked up dismissal again but it wasn’t so bad.
So not a terrible day I guess. And no kids on Friday so tomorrow is my last kids day this week. Also, tomorrow night is roller skating night. I wish you could all be there for that. I’m gonna show off my roller skating moves. Last year the morning after roller skating night all the teachers were like YOU ARE REALLY GOOD ON THOSE INLINE SKATES. And I thought that was sort of funny cause I really didn’t do anything besides skate round and round and round. But whatever…